- Category: CPDC Courses AIE
- Published: 30 June 2016
The AIE Vacation School is a forum:
- for developing and conveying knowledge in an applicable learning context;
- for promoting understanding and goodwill.
- arranged every year during Summer and winter vacations at Ali Institute of Education, (AIE) Lahore.
- which targets teachers, professionals and students through workshops and short courses.
- attracts participants throughout Pakistan because of its wide reaching appeal and environment for learning.
Vacation school is a yearly activity of CPDC that brings together teachers, students and professionals. It allows professionals to update their knowledge and acquire up- to- date skills for a global, challenging world.
We offer a wide range of courses/workshops that include Educational Planning and Management, Educational Methodology, Classroom Management. Montessori, Science and Maths Education, Language Improvement, Learning through Art, Subject Based Teaching Skills, Learning and Assessment and many other courses on Professional Development and Capacity Building.
For the last five years more than one thousand teachers and professionals have attended the workshop representing different public and private schools/institutions across Pakistan. Key Features of our vacation School
Practicals oriented and participatory approach as of workshops/courses.
- Professionals Course Leaders and Trainers.
- Interactive approach of teaching and learning.
- Highly credible and needs - based courses.
- Wide range of instructional strategies.
- Focus on applied issues and problems.
- Experience sharing and group discussions.
- Simulation of interest through asking questions & sharing ideas and opinions.
- Provides a channel for the continuous professional development of teachers, practitioners, professionals and students.
- Provides professionals with skills to apply in their jobs and develop their careers.
- Enables teachers to develop their confidence, knowledge, experience and skills in education and teaching hence improving their effectiveness as teachers.
- Provides a channel for teachers to realize their potential and to develop their career prospects through needs - based courses/workshops.
- Through teacher training courses, develop a repertoire of effective and meaningful teaching, learning and assessment activities.
- Provides you with a chance to become an independent learner and eclectic teacher.
• Needs - based courses/workshops equipping the participants with personal and professional skills and knowledge required in a challenging and diverse working environment.
• Developing the knowledge in an applicable learning context.
Summer Campus for Children: Lets Learn with Fun Children who are at home in summer can be easily bored. Our summer camp for children offers vast opportunities to the children for education and fun. We have been offering Summer Camp fosr children since 1999 encompassing activities which are rich with adventure, educational opportunities and bonding experiences. It is open for children every year in the summer vacations from grade level 1-5 with a focus on a variety of fun learning activities.
Summer Camp provides children with the chance to develop character, improve their study and language skills, learn valuable life skills, make new friends, and discover new interests.
It provides a safe and healthy environment for your children to experience a huge array of different activities including art and craft activities, language exercises, sporting activities and contests, exposure visits to different places, awareness of hygiene and basic health problems and much more. These fun activities are geared towards basic study and life skills for children helping them build their self -confidence, self - esteem and sense of responsibility.
- Discover and improve language skills focusing on four basic skills through Drama, Rhymes, Role-Play and Creative Writing.
- Develop problem-solving skills related to daily life.
- Increase and develop the interest of children in learning through effective use of IT, audio & visual aids, computer graphics and other educational software.
- Increase the potential of children through clay work and painting, contests and exploration activities.
- A fun learning environment with activity and games to learn concepts easily in mathematics, science and languages.