- Category: AIE Diploma Programm
- Published: 30 June 2016
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
WHAT’S THIS PROGRAMME ABOUT?
The course has been designed to help you learn about early years’ learning environments and the teacher’s role in students’ profiling. Language, being a tool for cognitive development, has been given a special emphasis on the course. A module on personal, emotional, social and physical development of young children will help you to understand the concept of the holistic development of children.The course also includes sessions on the early years curriculum as a part of the integrated learning scheme.You will develop early childhood tool kits which is a creative feature of the course.
After completing the course, you may find a counselling position in a pre- primary school. After completing the course, the learner will be directly involved with early childhood teaching at a competitive salary.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for early childhood practitioners, prospective teachers, early-years-school-leaders and care-givers.
Bachelor’s Degree with second division.
LENGTH OF PROGRAMME
7 months (30 weeks)
80% attendance is essential
- History & Philosophy of Early Childhood Education (1 credit)
- Child Development Studies (3 credits)
- Planning & Managing Learning in Early Years (3 credits)
- Assessment in Early Years (3 credits)
- Language Development in Early Childhood (3 credits)
- Supporting Personal, Social & Emotional Development in Children (2 credits)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (3 credits)
- ECE tool kits (2 credits)
- HOW ARE YOU ASSESSED?
One 3000-word assignment per module