- Category: AIE Certificate Courses
- Published: 30 June 2016
POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
WHAT’S THIS PROGRAMME ABOUT?
This course focuses on the prime importance of Early childhood Education (ECE) as an entry point for human development. It includes: Historical Background in Early Childhood Education, Child Development Studies, Appropriate Learning Environments and Assessment in Early Childhood Education.
After completing the course, one will be directly involved in early childhood teaching.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for Early Childhood practitioners, prospective teachers, early-years-school-leaders and parents.
Bachelor’s Degree with second division.
LENGTH OF PROGRAMME
80% attendance is essential
COURSE CONTENTS (SELECT ANY FOUR)
- History & Philosophy of Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
- Child Development Studies (3 credits)
- Planning & Managing Learning in Early Years (3 credits)
- Assessment in Early Years (3 credits)
- Language Development in Early Childhood
- Supporting personal, social, and emotional development in children
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- ECE Tool Kits
HOW ARE YOU ASSESSED?
One 3000-word assignment per module