- Category: AIE Certificate Courses
- Published: 19 November 2014
1.3 EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
WHAT’S THE PROGRAM ABOUT?
Educational leaders are the key people envisioning school reform and managers are responsible for determining organizational success. The Ali Institute’s Educational Leadership and Management course provides a comprehensive understanding of the core skills and competencies required for leaders and managers to help their organizations grow holistically.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Practice the conceptual and interpersonal skills and competencies required of educational
- Appreciate appropriate leader responses to situations participants commonly encounter in
- leadership/ management positions
- Comprehend the communications challenges facing leaders/managers
- Identify specific leader manager development gaps as a means for continued learning
- Apply learned principles about leadership and management in practice.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is suitable for all those who wish to develop their professional role in education.
• The learning experience is grounded in adult learning principles, employing in-depth guided discussions, experiential activity, classroom mini-lectures, self-assessments, critical reflection as well individual/small group exercises.
- Introduction to Leadership & Management (Principles and Practices, Origins and Definitions)
- Managing Development and Change
- Understanding the Human Resource
- Mentoring for Success in Education
- Effective Communication for Leaders and Managers
- Strategic Planning
- Organisational and Individual Performance Management
- Programme/ School Evaluation: Setting Standards
- Leadership Skills and Qualities: The Effective Leader
- The Motivated School