- Category: AIE Degree Programmes
- Published: 19 November 2014
3.1 ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN EDUCATION (ADE) IN-SERVICE PROGRAMME
WHAT’S THIS PROGRAMME ABOUT?
The In-Service Associated Degree in Education aims to target the population of elementary teachers with 12 years schooling and one year professional education (CT, DIE or equivalent) with a view to providing them with a prospect of enhancing their content knowledge and development of contemporary teaching skills and competencies essential for effective teaching.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Upgrade and advance content knowledge of practicing teachers
- Facilitate practicing teachers to be in a competitive position for career progression
- Enhance pedagogical skills and knowledge of practicing teachers at elementary level
- Equip practicing teachers with essential professional skills and competencies
- F.A/F.Sc (12 year schooling (2nd Div or Equivalent)
- 1 year professional training CT or 18 months Diploma in Education
- Minimum 3 year teaching experience.
LENGTH OF PROGRAMME
Associate Degree in Education (ADE) is a transitional two-year programme of 38 credit hours. Duration of the course is 2 years (4 Semesters)
80% attendance is essential
HOW ARE YOU ASSESSED?
Summative assessment will include mid-term and end-of-semester examination. Formative assessment consists of assignments, project work, presentations, microteaching, class tests , term papers and class participation